Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012


On IceOn Ice by J.D. Faver
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

 With its overly melodramatic and stiffly formal dialogue to its improbable plot line-this was one of the  most difficult books I have tried to finish in a long time.

I really like a touch of reality with my fiction, and this book was pushing the envelope with its unbelievable, poor;y fleshed characters, rocky transitions in the story, difficult to relate to heroine and her just patently absurd and nearly laughable husband and dialogue from Hades.

The author chooses to give us no back-story (or at least such a tiny amount that we are forced to make up our own) and this defect makes it an up-hill battle to 'get into' the rest of the book. The author also chooses to give us a relationship for the heroine so soon after she leaves her abusive husband.  I'm not so sure I can really beleive something like this even if it is fiction.


View all my reviews

No comments: