Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012



My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot

Wow, I have been following this series since the beginning and I am finding that it only gets better! I was worried that it would only be appropriate for the younger readers, but I’m over 50 and I very much can appreciate what the author has to say in these mysteries.

While I don’t think it is imperative to read the previous books to get up to speed, (the author does a fantastic job with back-story in this book) I suggest you do, only because they are really worth it.

While most women know that size 12 is not ‘large’, actually, it’s more like average) it still is nice to read something written for women that may not be stick thin. Something we may be able to identify with as far as the heroine goes. In addition, if the ‘average’ sized fictional heroine can get the uber sexy Alpha male hunk---then there is a basis to our fantasies and an author that can feed them for us.
This entry in the Heather Welles Mystery Series, is taking place during school break. Poor Heather is now watching out for her ex’s wife’s latest idea. A camp for “diva’s in training” called Tania Trace Teen Rock Camp (quite a mouthful). Filled with the backstabbing of what we have come to expect from ‘reality’ shows. Oh yes did I forget to mention that this camp was being filmed for TV?
Now someone seems to be after Tania and Cooper is brought in to do body guard/PI duty. Murder happens, things heat up and lead to a very clever denouement.

I am so happy that Cooper and Heather have hooked up and are going to make it legal. I had fun reading this and trying to keep one step ahead of the fictional protagonists.

Written with Meg’s usual flair - strong believable characters, interesting dialogue, and fantastic descriptions, a good mystery – this will be a welcome addition to anyone who has read the previous novels.
flag


No comments: