Followers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stay TunedStay Tuned by Lauren Clark

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 stars

This is a lazy, comfortable, slow read with may story-lines that finally mesh at the end. Some readers may not like having so much to concentrate on - Melissa's producing job,trouble with her husband, her mothers dementia, anchoring the news,tons of inner angst, nearly falling for her new anchors pass and being stalked by someone. Even I thought that there was simply too much going on in this book to sustain all of the energy Ms Clark was using, but once I got to the ending, I found that Ms Clark had cleverly made all of the seemingly disparate lines blend seamlessly into one important conclusion.

This is a very good book for a debut novel, but I do feel that Ms Clarks second book [[ASIN:0984725040 Dancing Naked in Dixie]] is more polished.  Of course that can be expected from a second novel and I will hope for even more with her 3rd (at least I hoipe there will be a third novel!) I love watching authors with so much potential grow into their craft.

At any rate-rant aside - reading this book was a wonderful way to pass a lazy day.  It was entertaining and thought provoked and filled with good Southern wisdom.



View all my reviews

No comments: