Followers

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Housewife Assassin's Handbook (humorous romantic mystery) (Book #1 - The Housewife Assassin Series)
The Housewife Assassin's Handbook (humorous romantic mystery) (Book #1 - The Housewife Assassin Series)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistencies AboundSeptember 29, 2012

The Housewife Assassin's Handbook

This was an interesting plot device - take one widowed woman with children whose husband was killed while working at something she knew nothing about-have the widow want to get revenge for her husbands' death - have her take over his job- and then throw a sexy man into the mix who is supposed to be her late husband. ( because nobody buy the heroine knows her husband is dead, not even her kids!)

I loved this book: the feistiness of Donna, the story, the pacing, I loved the mystery ---I HATED the inconsistencies. They were bad enough and often enough to pull me out of the story, and with no apology from the author, nor an updated book.

I had a little problem with Donna sleeping with both men near the end of the book, and I REALLY had difficulty with the idea that Donna kept her husbands death from her kids, family and neighbors but I can sort of understand that she "had" too because of the mission.

This could have been a great book but for some minor things; with judicious editing and beta reading I think this author will go far in the `silly heroine/slapstick' genre.

No comments: