Followers

Monday, January 14, 2013


Carrots (Shelby Nichols Adventures)

Carrots (Shelby Nichols Adventures)
by Colleen Helme
Edition: Paperback
Kindle Purchase Price: $3.99
Price: $10.56 



4.0 out of 5 stars Will Re-Read, January 14, 2013



Carrots by Colleen Helme

I didn't get this for free, but it really doesn't matter to me since I find that I will most likely be reading this a second time. Yes, it did have some editing and grammatical errors, and normally I would be truly upset about that, but I have just finished reading a famous and well known author and their book had some grammar problems. If a book with a proper editor can have problems than so can someone who is self-published. Perhaps I'm getting a little more mellow in my older age and that is why some of these things don't bother me so much? LOL!

At any rate - this novel had an interesting concept. Shelby is grazed on the head by a bullet while witnessing a robbery/shooting and suddenly is now experiencing ESP. This in turn gets her involved with both her husband's business (he is a lawyer) and the Mob! Now she knows what people around her really feel about her! It takes her a long time to learn how to filter not only other people's thoughts but also to keep a lid on responding to other peoples inner thoughts!

The story at times can seem sort of convoluted since there i s so much going on at almost all times, but stick with it because it all gets explained and it leaves you with a lovely set up for the next nove

No comments: