Followers

Monday, January 21, 2013

When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek)

When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek)
Price: $5.99 (Kindle Copy)


4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars Wonderful Concept and Novel, January 21, 2013

When Lightning Strikes - by Brenda Novak

This is a lovely, clever, funny, thoughtful and ultimately romantic novel. It astonishes me that I have not had a lot of experience with this author and I am wondering how the heck I ever missed her. I'm going to make up for it now!

Gail Demarco has made one of the biggest mistakes in her career. You can clearly see why she has cut loose Simon O'Neal since he is a drunk trying drink away the pain from the disappointments in his life. Now that Gail has cut him loose, his business manager rallies all of Simon's friends to boycott (essentially) Gail's PR business. Now she is going to lose her company.

Gail really wants to save her company and keep her employees working. She really does care about those that depend on her. So Gail finally decides to try to solve everyone's problems by cleaning up Simon's reputation. And how exactly is she going to do that you may ask...by marrying him off to a goody-two-shoes.

This really was a great book. It had everything in it that a romance book lover could want. Inner angsting on Simon's part(but not too much), a hateful but gorgeous ex-wife, and uber smart heroine, a sexy and witty hero, great secondary characters and an ending that will knock your socks off.

I truly loved this book -it hit all my romantic buttons, let me shed a few tears and laugh out loud. It did the most important thing I think a book should do---it totally pulled me out of my own real-life problems and let me forget for a while.

Thank you Ms Novak.

No comments: