Followers

Monday, February 18, 2013



The Best Man – Kristan Higgins

“Sometimes the best man is the one you least expect…”


The Best Man by Kristan Higgins




This is a love story of opposite sides of the track attracting, It is a story we all have read of before I’m sure. However, I don’t think you’ve ever read it quit like this. Ms Higgins does a great job an had me rolling on the floor with the prologue. It only gets better as you go along. At times this book will seem slow, that maybe some of it should have been edited out, at least it did for me, but in the end I appreciated the slowness as it told a better story in the end in my opinion.

This is told in the 3rd person which is a little unusual, because as far as I know writing this way is a first for her.

Faith was left at the altar by her fiancé,. Everyone in town always dreamed that this perfect couple would have the perfect wedding. And perfect Faith and Jeremy were, except for one tiny little issue ---or well, a really big issue. However, it would spoil the book for you if I told you what it was.

Now 3 1/2 years later /faith is back in town to help her family out and the first person she see is Chef of Police Levi Cooper. He was Jeremy’s best friend all through high school and Faith really has a good reason to dislike him. Now…well let’s just say that Levi has grown up into an exceptional man and Faith deep down inside knows it. Sparks fly but not too soon. Time is left for them to try to resolve some past issues. Levi is also suffering from a little PTSD and from a case of “extreme manliness” – he wants Faith to talk to him but will not return the favor so it is taking a long time for him to heal and to open up.. *sigh* All of this will be explained to your satisfaction when you read this novel.

There is a lot going on with this book besides just the main plot. The secondary and tertiary plots are wonderful. The characters are complex, wonderfully written, and as crazy as loon’s! It rather reminds me of my own family and how we react and interplay with each other.

I re-read several of Ms Higgins novels and I think I’m going to be adding this one to my re-read pile

No comments: