Followers

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Undressed (The Manhattanites #1)

Undressed (The Manhattanites #1)
Price: $7.19


4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - This Was Unique and I Liked It, March 9, 2013
 
Undressed by Avery Aster

This book is earthy, sexy, filled with wildness that could almost be seen as a tiny bit comic and even at times, downright dirty! I have read and reviewed a lot of erotica over the years, but Ms Aster was able to amaze me with her wild imagination and the antics that Lexi and Prince Massimo were able to get up to. I am still trying to figure out the logistics to one particular scene!
Sex aside, Ms Aster wrote a darn good story. I loved getting a look at the inside (no matter how brief) of a fashion show and what the designers have to do to get to that point. The look behind what goes on at some of those exclusive parties was a trip too! The fight scene and Lexi's handling of what went down afterwards was smooth and well thought out by the author. I am glad that Ms Aster didn't have Lexi go over the top anymore than Lexi did...it would have been cartoonish at the very least

The writing was strong and vivid, and the characters were fairly well fleshed out for a book of this type, but I sure wish that Ellora's Cave had given Ms Aster a better editor, as I found some editing problems. Occasionally some of the phrases and language would go over my head, but since I don't think a woman of my age is the targeted audience it should cause no problems for the rest of the readers. However, it doesn't matter since I still had a fun few hours reading this and imagining my own Prince. 
*ARC SUPPLIED BY PUBLISHER*

No comments: