Followers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Buckhorn Legacy (Hqn)

The Buckhorn Legacy (Hqn)
by Lori Foster
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19



3.0 out of 5 stars A RE-Print, April 3, 2013
"Emma Clark is back in Buckhorn. Once she was the girl with too much makeup and a bad reputation—and she tried everything she could to get Casey Hudson into bed. He was the cutest guy in town, and the only one who seemed to really care about her.As a hot-blooded teen it was hard for Casey to resist Emma. Now, eight years later, it's impossible. But Emma is doing her best to shut him out—and Casey needs to convince her that the attraction that burns between them isn't just leftover teenage lust, but his real love for a real woman…"


 
I've not read any of the other brothers books so I had no clue what to expect. If they are anything like this book though, I think I will pass. In order for me to enjoy my 'Alpha Hero' books, the hero actually has to be alpha, not just desperate and horny. Oh, and regretting that he didn't nail the heroine when they were kids.

The book also has to be a lot less vague than this one was in at least one part.

________SPOILERISH<--------------->
I could have sworn that Emma was pregnant when she had left town; that the reason she claims to have lied to Casey's family was that she didn't want to tell her parents WHO the father to her baby was, so she was letting her parents think the child's father was Casey. I felt that it was very vaguely written and that is why I thought the lie was that and NOT that she really wasn't pregnant. I spent more than 1/2 the book wondering just when someone was going to bring up her child, until I went back to re-read a couple of chapters! My fault totally I see that , but it could still have been spelled out a tad clearer.

------------ END SPOILER<----------------------->
There really is no story that I can see in this book. The entire story revolves around Casey having his way with Emma, very little is about Emma facing her past and dealing with it.

This ended up being a very slow moving and fairly boring story of what amounts to nothing but a building up of tension prior to a sex scene. I saw no character growth, and to tell you the truth I didn't very much like the characters that I did see. The characters that do show up more than once seem to be cliched and trite. The story of a small town bad girl with a bad reputation, getting hers and then leaving town under a suspicious cloud, only to show up years latter as somewhat of a success - has pretty much been done to death.

No comments: