Followers

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride (Cowboys of Chance Creek)

The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride (Cowboys of Chance Creek)
Price: $3.99


3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Stars - A Little Difficult to Like, April 30, 2013


It was a bit difficult for me to get into this novel. Don't get me wrong, the concept of updating the mail order bride of the historical novels into the 21 century by using the e-mail and Youtube was interesting and somewhat fresh. What I did not like is the fact that both of these people are perpetuating lies. I understand that the stores wouldn't have gone anywhere if it weren't for that ploy, but I think I would have been less disgruntled if perhaps only one of them were lying.

There is a bit of character growth, but not as much as I would have thought given the subject matter. For the first quarter of the book, there is a ton of inner-dialogue and very little interaction between Ethan and Autumn (unless you count the sex they had a few hours after meeting?). There is more inner-dialoguing throughout the rest of the novel, but the characters finally DO start interacting, however they still are not telling the whole truth.

Several aspects really riled me up ------------------------>SPOILERISH<-------------------------------->
Autumn pretty much took it in stride when she found out about Ethan's lies, however Ethan was so angry and down-right mean when he had to confront Autumns lie and he never even asked for an explanation. Plus, the fact that Lacey, Ethan's old flame just sashays into Ethan's house, takes Autumn's computer and plops it down on the table in the middle of a restaurant and nobody even blinks an eye?

If you can look over some of these things you may find the light, fun read that the author was intending. I did just that and finally just let myself enjoy the book for what it is.

No comments: