Followers

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Perfect Conclusion To the Series


Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)

Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.89



4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars The Perfect Conclusion, January 8, 2014

May 7, 2013 THE FINAL SOOKIE STACKHOUSE NOVEL
There are secrets in the town of Bon Temps, ones that threaten those closest to Sookie—and could destroy her heart....
Sookie Stackhouse  finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.

Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.

But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough…

This book is the perfect conclusion to a long running series. The character of Sookie has grown from the simple and somewhat dim-witted acting bar-maid, to the nearly perfect kick-ass heroine we have all come to love in our speculative fiction literature. If you are like me and love to re-read books, I have just spent the last week rereading this whole series so I could understand what all the hub-bub is about, and for the life of me I can not understand how everyone is so unhappy.

The story and mystery was an interesting one, with a plot and characters that I did for the life of me expect.

Ms Harris and her imagination took me places that I and the characters really needed to go to, the dark black corners of Sookies life. The introspection alone shows how Sookie has grown and matured.

This book closes all the doors that needed to be closed, it gives us the perfect HEA that had been building right from book one. SPOILERS-------> Sam has always been the perfect man for Sookie.<------------- br="">


Unlike so many conclusions to series that leave you wondering if it really is the last book, Dead Ever After doesn't leave you wondering...although I would love a follow up someday to see how Sookie and her man are getting along. And no I do NOT want to do it by reading After Dead, I would love a *real* book about them!

I feel not the least bit ripped off, since I have never been a fan of Eric or Bill and Sookie had never had a long and important friendship/relationship with any other male.

For me this was the perfect conclusion.

No comments: