Followers

Thursday, December 15, 2016

We Were On a Break

We Were On a Break


Is it a break? Or is it a blip? 'You've just had a holiday,' I pointed out, trying not to yawn. 'Wasn't that enough of a break?' 'I don't mean that kind of break.' There's nothing worse than the last day of holiday. Oh wait, there is. When what should have been a proposal turns into a break, Liv and Adam find themselves on opposite sides of the life they had mapped out. Friends and family all think they're crazy; Liv throws herself into work - animals are so much simpler than humans - and Adam tries to get himself out of the hole he's dug. But as the short break becomes a chasm, can they find a way back to each other? Most importantly, do they want to?



This may be a book that is mostly enjoyed by the quit young> I'm older (maybe 20 years older than the main characters)and I did not find this a funny book at all.

What I did find was that this was a sad look into dating and I am thanking goodness that I don't have to do it anymore. I also found this to be a book filled with...er...fillers. Constant reiterating of what was happening/had happened.

It held my interest enough for me to finish it and I would recommend this to a younger crowd, but other than that, I would not put this in my 'to be re-read' pile.


*ARC Supplied by publisher
 

No comments: