Followers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Kiss of Temptation: A Deadly Angels Book

Kiss of Temptation: A Deadly Angels Book
by Sandra Hill
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.99



2.0 out of 5 stars The Cover Is Sexy, March 26, 2013


Kiss of Temptation: A Deadly Angels Book by Sandra Hill

I am not so sure just what kind of book this is supposed to be. I really wanted to like this book. I knew that after the first one in the series, I just had to give this author a second chance, and I am sorry I tried. I will never get these hours back.

I loved the Vikings during the earlier part of Ms Hill's career, I tolerated them from Ms Hill's second part of her career but had started to get annoyed with them. Now in this part of Ms. Hill's career I can definitely say that I have had enough.

I mean it is bad enough these are sexist, clueless, horny, teen-ager acting violent men - but now stick the wings of an Angel and the fangs of a Vampire on them, call them vangels and you have a whole new level of cringe-worthy action.

There is very little action, very little character building, a LOT of sexual innuendo, some religious theory, some clichéd antagonist's, and the idea of Ivak gleefully and constantly thinking about "near sex" was just repugnant. (Why not just call a `dry hump what it is?)

This was not the "sexy, sassy, witty" style of novel I have come to know and love from this author.
*ARC supplied by publisher*

No comments: