Followers

Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Story of Arthur Truluv

The Story of Arthur TruluvThe Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very short and sometimes overly sentimental book. I liked it and it did make me cry even though the outcome was inevitable and the author made it very clear about it while you were reading -but still.

I actually thought I had more pages to go when the book ended and was very disappointed to find I didn't. I do like the fact that there is a sequel.

I know that this is being compared to A Man Called Ove but I prefer to think of it as more of a combination of Fannie Flagg (I adore her writing) and Billie Letts.

The sequel is quite expensive (12.99 for Kindle) for the few pages that it is (266) Night of Miracles. I so want to know what's up with Maddy and Lucille.


View all my reviews

No comments: