Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Amish Spinster's Courtship by Emma Miller

The Amish Spinster's CourtshipThe Amish Spinster's Courtship by Emma  Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Emma Miller is an author of many types of Amish books, mainly straight on romances. I may not have read them all, but the ones that I have read have never received less than a 4-star rating from me and this book is no exception.

I giggled while reading this book and I cried too -and I can say that it takes an exceptional book to bring out that much emotion in me.

There is very little sermonizing in this book but it is a very clean romance (naturally) so if you are hesitant to read this because of its religious overtones -don't be. I am the least religious person you will have ever met and I love these books. Ms. Miller does a fine balancing act mixing a bit of religion with the everyday.

The main plot is one that you expect -confident boy meets a shy and slightly awkward girl, the boy immediately takes a liking to the girl, there is a huge misunderstanding that eventually gets straightened out and we have our HEA! There is a slight secondary plot concerning Loveys mother and a pregnancy and that was interesting. I only wish the author had given a tad more story over to that.

This book is well worth the time that is taken to read.

*ARC supplied by publisher.


View all my reviews

No comments: