Followers

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Thin Girls by Diana Clarke

Thin GirlsThin Girls by Diana Clarke
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2.5

This book will most likely become one of the most important books of this summer. This is an adult novel that wants to be a teen or YA novel -and if I had a teen who wanted to read this book, I would definitely want to read this along with her so I could answer any questions she had.

So why then did I rate it so low? Because it pulled too many triggers for me -eating disorders, lesbianism, dysfunctional families, foul language (although in context), bullies, and abusive relationships. It was deep, dark, and tried, in my opinion, too hard to be literary and clever.

*ARC supplied by the publisher.



View all my reviews


"Purdue MFA and University of Utah PhD candidate Diana Clarke's THIN GIRLS, an exploration of toxic diet culture as well as the power of sisterhood, love, and lifelong friendship, in which twin sisters with a compulsive need to balance one another out are pushed to their limits when one sister, who's stuck in an anorexia rehabilitation center, is inspired to recover when her twin falls prey to bizarre dieting cult run by a faux-feminist dictator, to Terry Karten at Harper, in a pre-empt, for publication in summer 2020."

No comments: