Followers

Friday, June 12, 2020

The Menopause Support Group by Heather Wardell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars rounded up. This is book 17 in a series, but can be read as a stand-alone, I did.

If you are in your twenties and needing a hysterectomy, in your middle years, and going through the change, or finished with your change, this is going to be an interesting and informative read for you.

I will admit that in the first 50% of this book I really didn't like any of the characters -oh don't get me wrong! I sympathized and empathized with them-I just did not like them. However, the more I read, the more I understood why these women were the way they were and I ended up loving each one of them.

This was a very informative read for me since I found out that I am still exhibiting some of the odder symptoms of my change. And I applaud the author for do such wonderful research.

I would recommend this book to any women who have gotten to 'that' age or has had early medical issues that will not allow them to have much-wanted children.

I would like to add that the author does take the time to explain all of the research she had done for this novel.

*ARC supplied for review by the publisher and BookSirens.


View all my reviews


SYNOPSISThree women, one menopause support group, and a whole lot of hot flashes.
Emily's perfect plan for becoming a mommy in her twenties has just been shattered by a cancer-removing hysterectomy, and her anger is all-consuming.
Michelle's been laser-focused on getting a promotion... until early menopause (at thirty-nine??) hit her hard last year. Now that she can't have a baby, she's obsessed with them. And also with getting that promotion.
Sixty-four-years-young Brenda takes care of everyone, whether they want her to or not. She's actually finished with menopause, but she's faking symptoms so she won't lose the group and the opportunities for "helping" others it provides.
The three of them and their fellow group members work through career crises, marriage disasters, and the world's worst birthday celebration as they learn together what it means to be a woman in menopause and beyond.


No comments: