Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Unmarriageable by Soniah Kama

 

 Unmarriageable

Unmarriageable by Soniah Kamal

by 
1401819
's review
 lly liked it
bookshelves: 2020library-books

I will say this right up front -I have never read Pride and Prejudice---I know, I know, bad Dianne! But that means that I had nothing to compare this book to. Because of that, I feel like I read it with fresh eyes and no expectations. So I had nothing to complain about, at least literarily!

I loved this book -I could see what was going on as far as P&P since I have at least heard about it but again-no expectations. Just a fun romance set in Pakistan; where the modern life of women is very much like the lives of women in the early 1800's.


This was a fun read with plenty of good old modern back-stabbing, scandal, love gone bad, unrequited love, and pure bitchiness!

Each sister unique in her own way -some good some horrid but most make out well in the end,

I would love to read another book based on the last two sisters that didn't get married and Lady who I bet won't stay married!

Great read and although it may not be perfect as far as some aspects go (I have read the negative reviews) I am glad I used my precious book reading time on this one!

No comments: