Followers

Monday, February 1, 2021

Review: Coal Miner's Daughter



Coal Miner's Daughter by Loretta Lynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



View all my reviews
This book is a reprint of the 1976 original autobiography of Loretta Lynn. There is additional new information at the back of the book. It also shows that there were a lot of differences between the movie (at least what I can remember of it) and what indeed occurred.

I must admit that I didn't really know anything about this artist until I watched the movie back in the 1980's. I have always love "Coal Miner's Daughter" and the movie, so I took a chance with this book. I'm so glad I did because it shows a deeper side of Loretta, her music, and her relationship with Doolittle. I can't always s get behind Loretta's outlook on marriage, but then again, I'm not an 88-year-old woman who was born before the depression and married at 13!

I love looking at the lives of the people in the hollers, how they survived, and how they Loretta dealt with them as she rose in the record industry.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves that intense country music, who wants to learn more about the industry at that time, or wants to know more about some other artists that Loretta adored...or even liked the movie!

*ARC supplied by the publisher, author, and NetGalley. Thank you.

No comments: