Followers

Monday, February 22, 2021

Review: Machinehood

Machinehood Machinehood by S.B. Divya
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



1401819
's review
 

it was ok
bookshelves: attldnfedelweissgalleys-arcs

I'm truly sorry that I could not make it past 25% of this book. The synopsis pulled me in but the execution just wasn't for me. This is a dense complicated novel that gives us a flimsy back story, shallow characters, and a glimpse at what could be.

I understand that the biggest issue is should/could artificial intelligence be considered human (I think that's what it was!) Should AI not be treated as slaves, pets, or unpaid labor. I think the story goes deeper than that but I just don't have the intelligence or patience to dig deeper; read more.

What I will say is that if this is what the coming decades have in store for us (and somehow I don't doubt it) I'm glad I won't be around for it. For example, everything you do is a live feed and I do mean EVERYTHING! You make your own drugs and you use them for everything...well think of a meth lab in your kitchen only making things that keep you healthy or moving when you want to crash etc.

Acronyms abound so keep a pad a pencil handy!

*ARC supplied by the publisher, the author, and ATTL.

No comments: