Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Review: Spoils of the Dead

Spoils of the Dead
Spoils of the Dead by Dana Stabenow
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I'm editing this review to add this disclaimer: I bought this book (pre-ordered it) before there was any synopsis for it.   Had there been one, I wouldn't have been so shocked and disappointed with this book...no, actually, I still would have been disappointed.






What a disappointment. Other than Liam still being a Trooper-everything else has changed.  I feel like I missed one or two books. Apparently, a number of years have gone by, and we are only treated to the briefest of explanations of what happened to some of our most beloved characters. 

Wy has sold her business, and they have moved into a big city -no real explanation for that other than they were tired of living where they were. Tim doesn't even live with them anymore, and there is only a brief phone call between him and Wy. But Jo is still around and an even bigger bitch than she was in the past books.

The mystery was so easy to solve that a toddler could have figured it out.  I'm just about positive that I won't be buying any more books in this particular series. The only reason I didn't give it a one-star rating is that I managed to finish it without splitting a gut laughing.

No comments: