Followers

Friday, April 23, 2021

Review: The Audacity of Sara Grayson

The Audacity of Sara Grayson The Audacity of Sara Grayson by Joani Elliott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! And I say WOW again!

What a book. This book is perfect for a vacation read, but it is a little 'heavier' than normal for a beach read. It has everything you need -mystery and a lot of that, romance but not the main focus, learning about what writers go through to get a book out there, a bit of villainy, a lot of sisterly love, and frustration.

One of the oddest things for me is that this happened to one of my favorite authors -she passed away before finishing the last book she was writing. I never thought about what it took for the 'replacement author' to finish what the original author started. So this book really made me think.

The only complaint I can say that I have is that the author talks about something in a safety deposit box, but we, the readers, never get to find out just what was in there! I thought that there might have been an epilogue explaining that, but alas, no!

*ARC supplied by the publisher, author, and NetGalley.

View all my reviews


SYNOPSIS: "What happens when your mother’s dying wish becomes your worst nightmare?

What happens when the world’s greatest literary icon dies before she finishes the final book in her best-selling series?
 
And what happens when she leaves that book in the hands of her unstable, neurotic daughter, who swears she’s not a real writer?

Sara Grayson is a thirty-two-year-old greeting card 
...more"

No comments: