Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Review: Capture the Crown

Capture the Crown Capture the Crown by Jennifer Estep
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you have read the Merry Gentry books by Laurell K. Hamilton A Kiss of Shadows, and if you have been a fan of Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series Magic Bites, then you will most likely love this book. Just be prepared to think of it not as an adult novel/series but as a young adult novel. Perhaps even a teen novel with a lot of swearing and sexy musings?

This book was filled with cliches and familiar ideas from other books, but I managed to ignore them. The characters, especially Princess Gemma, are shallow at this point, but I can see that she will grow with the next book. This is an excellent thing.

While I cannot rave about this book, I can say that I liked it enough to want to finish it and to want to see what happens next.

*ARC supplied by the publisher, the author, and NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments: