Followers

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Review: Reasons for Avoiding Friends

Reasons for Avoiding Friends  Reasons for Avoiding Friends by Megan Leavell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4 1/2 Stars

I didn't seem to have many of the issues with this book as others did. Perhaps it is because of my age so my mindset is quite a lot like the characters. Especially with Gwen. I am a lot like her but without the children. Yes, I have body issues. And yes, quite recently I have reconnected with a childhood friend of mine.

This book was slow to get off of the ground and sometimes I felt it dealt a tad too much with Gwen's problems while Iris was just avoiding her problems. However, I liked it like that. Too many times we get the glamourous second/third wife's perspective and forget about the 'frumpy housewife'. This book showed us that Gwen's problems were just as important as anyone else's.

I liked the slow build and the final true reconnection. I also found a lot of comedic/ironic areas in this book that some people may have missed.

I recommend this book especially to those who have taken a different path in life and have become a housewife, and to those who have a career but may be somewhat older than the norm for books of this type. Geez, I hope that made as much sense to you reading this, as it did in my head!

*ARC provided by the publisher Cedar House Press, the author Megan Leavell, and NetGalley.

View all my reviews

Description

No comments: