Followers

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Review: Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1)

Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1) Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1) by K.F. Breene
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Suppose you are having withdrawal symptoms from the ending of the "Kate Daniel's series" Ilona Andrews like I was, you may be tempted to pick this book up; after all, it was free for anyone with a Kindle! And if you read the synopsis and some of the reviews, you will see that this book is very much like Magic Rises. However, it is so much so that I swear this author just copied and pasted the Andrew's team book into hers and let it rip.

I realize that the kick-ass heroine is a popular plot device and if she has a sword...well, okay, similar but not the same, right?

Now add in that Reagan is a bounty hunter in the supernatural community, is hiding a secret, is snarky, is super strong, does magic...well do you see where I'm going with this?

Let's make this simple:

Kate Daniels -hiding a secret about her blood and father -Reagan/same.
Kate -swordsman without par - Reagan/similar.
Kate uses magic though she hasn't been taught how to use it/Reagan the same.
Kate has major magic/Yep Reagan too.
Kate's hiding from her father/ yep Reagan the same
Kate has to play nice with the wereanimals/Reagan-the vampires
Kate has semi-hots for the head of the clans (this mostly comes out later in the series)/Reagan, well he's not the biggest Vampire out there, but he's a close second.

Shall I go on? Because there are more 'similarities'...

Now the next two books are really inexpensive, Actually, if you have Kindle Unlimited they are free, but do I really want to read an inexpensive/free imitation? I just might only because I'm having those withdrawal symptoms I was talking about. *sigh*

View all my reviews

No comments: