Followers

Friday, November 5, 2021

Review: Finlay Donovan Is Killing It

Finlay Donovan Is Killing It Finlay Donovan Is Killing It by Elle Cosimano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a ride. This was a quick read-I managed to read the whole book in less than a day. Of course, I have no kids, no job, and my husband is very, very understanding!

I laughed, I got frustrated, I cringed and then I laughed some more! Yes, some of this book forces you to suspend disbelief to the nth degree, but if you can do that you won't regret it.

I loved this book and the fact that I had to drag myself out of my PJ's into clothes, then out of the house to get this from the library - should tell you how much I looked forward to it. I was NOT disappointed. I have already pre-ordered the next in this series. That should tell you something. It tells you that I liked it so much I'm willing to spend my hard-earned (well, my husband's) cash on it!





Not part of the review---but holey-moley. I took this out of the library as a DTB and I can barely read the print it's so tiny! I'm so used to my Kindle where I can change the size of the font. I'm spoiled I guess!


View all my reviews

SYNOPSIS: "Finlay Donovan is killing it . . . except, she’s really not. She’s a stressed-out single-mom of two and struggling novelist, Finlay’s life is in chaos: the new book she promised her literary agent isn’t written, her ex-husband fired the nanny without telling her, and this morning she had to send her four-year-old to school with hair duct-taped to her head after an incident with scissors.

When Finlay is overheard discussing the plot of her new suspense novel with her agent over lunch, she’s mistaken for a contract killer, and inadvertently accepts an offer to dispose of a problem husband in order to make ends meet . . . Soon, Finlay discovers that crime in real life is a lot more difficult than its fictional counterpart, as she becomes tangled in a real-life murder investigation.

Fast-paced, deliciously witty, and wholeheartedly authentic in depicting the frustrations and triumphs of motherhood in all its messiness, hilarity, and heartfelt moment, Finlay Donovan Is Killing It is the first in a brilliant new series from YA Edgar Award nominee Elle Cosimano."

No comments: