Followers

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Review: Dior or Die

Dior or Die Dior or Die by Laura E. Akers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I loved this book, and I only had one issue with it. It was just a matter of me having to suspend my disbelief a little too much (living in one of the top 5 most expensive zip codes would be impossible with what she was left with yearly). Still, I quickly got over that because I figured I misunderstood something.

The gist of the story is that Davia needed to take some time from the very elite and vicious military organization she works with. Davia can do it all-shoot, hand-to-hand combat; nothing phases her until her Aunt dies and leaves her a ton of money. However, this money comes with stipulations, and that's how our story starts!


Sometimes funny, sometimes heart-pounding...in some places, it reminds me of a
Stephanie Plum novel One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich , only in this universe, Stephanie knows what to do with a gun!

I enjoyed the read and found that I couldn't put it down.

Thanks to the Author, BookSirens, and the publisher for my ARC.


View all my reviews

SYNOPSIS: "She’s survived dangerous missions for the government, but can she survive life among the rich?

Davia Glenn is the first woman on a covert paramilitary team until a mission goes deadly wrong. She inherits a fortune, moves to a wealthy community, and soon discovers the crazy under all that money. On a terrorist’s hit list, Davia must navigate her new life while dodging assassins.

Torn between two men and two worlds, Davia must decide her future— but this time, she wears haute couture instead of camouflage and combat boots.

If you love the grit of Jack Reacher and the fun of Stephanie Plum,  one-click Dior or Die today for your next addicting, suspenseful mystery read."

No comments: