Followers

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Review: A Terrible Fall of Angels

A Terrible Fall of Angels A Terrible Fall of Angels by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

You guys are really on your own with this book -I can't recommend it, but I can't NOT recommend it.

If you expected something different from Ms. Hamilton, don't hold your breath. Oh well, sure, the story is different, but the writing is not.

This book had so much potential.  We start with a wonderful and a bit graphic fight, learn about Angels, Ms. Hamiltons take on God/Gods and (?)Heaven.  This book had so many different religions in it, and I don't want to offend anyone. Oh, and speaking of offending anyone-Ms. Hamilton went a little too overboard the politically correct stuff, although she mainly did make fun of it.  She also managed to add to the PCness by adding several LGBTQ characters.  

So great first few chapters, perhaps the first third of the book, the following third or more filled with explanations, and Zaniels self-flagellation over his marriage, overly inflated passages, you know the typical Hamilton schtick, and a hint of something BIG yet to come.

The book's last third (or less) was as exciting as the first part.

So what can I say?  You guys are on your own with this. Instead of investing my cash in it, I took this out from the library, and I'm glad I did. Yes, I will read the second book and probably re-read the first one in the interim.

View all my reviews

No comments: