Followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Review: Bear Witness

Bear Witness Bear Witness by Lark O. Jensen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1.5 Stars Rounded Up.

For an author who has published over 50 books, I expected more...a lot more.

This was supposed to be a cozy mystery but what we get is a book that relies on repetition (perhaps to plump the word count?) and a book that forces you to suspend your disbelief and not in a good way. We get elaborate 'talks' about the Alaskan wildlife. I have to admit the wildlife was the same for every cruise, which makes for an exciting cruise but a boring book. We also get in an in-depth look at Stacie and the crew's wardrobe, Stacie's apartment decor, Stacie's dog Sacha; and for the life of me, I can not see how it is possible to have a dog on a sightseeing cruise like this, though I can see why the author did it-as most of her previous books have something to do with dogs!

What selfrespecting policeman or police department would allow a civilian into the case is beyond me, but maybe things are different in Alaska?

I could see the murderer coming a mile away but I have to admit I did not see one part of the finale coming-although I might have done the same thing if I spent time with the top tour guide and expert on wildlife.

*ARC Supplied by the publisher and NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments: