Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Review: Magic Triumphs

Magic Triumphs Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars---->Full review to come with the second reading ---sorry it was a lot to for me to take in.

Mostly I'm happy with this book and the ending of the series, but there are some threads (such as with Julie) that I'm not so sure I'm happy with. I'm not so thrilled that so many of our beloved secondary character's got left off of the roster, but I can understand why -the book would have been a thousand pages long plus we had to make room for our surprise characters! So I'm going to read it again this weekend.

(view spoiler)

On second and third reading -I find that this book gets better and better. As I said before, a lot of our normal characters get left out or get short shrift, but it works for this type of book.
Many people got upset with Curran (in the last book and in this one) because of, uhm, what he was consuming...well now we know why he did it. And it made me cry!

I hated losing our only secondary, long-running character but then again this is the last book so we don't really have to mourn him too much.

I have a feeling that this won't be the last of this series that we will be seeing (and I mean over and above The Iron Covenant) and I wish the authors would let us know when the next book in that series is coming out!!! Though I do have a feeling that anything left of this series will be turned into something for young adults.

I already miss this series and have a hole in my heart that there will be no more Kate and Curran conflicts with the pack, Atlanta, and Daddy!


View all my reviews

SYNOPSIS:"Kate has come a long way from her origins as a loner taking care of paranormal problems in post-Shift Atlanta. She’s made friends and enemies. She’s found love and started a family with Curran Lennart, the former Beast Lord. But her magic is too strong for the power players of the world to let her be.

Kate and her father, Roland, currently have an uneasy truce, but when he starts testing her defenses again, she knows that sooner or later, a confrontation is inevitable. The Witch Oracle has begun seeing visions of blood, fire, and human bones. And when a mysterious box is delivered to Kate’s doorstep, a threat of war from the ancient enemy who nearly destroyed her family, she knows their time is up.

Kate Daniels sees no other choice but to combine forces with the unlikeliest of allies. She knows betrayal is inevitable. She knows she may not survive the coming battle. But she has to try.

For her child.

For Atlanta.

For the world."

No comments: