Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Review: The Rabbit Factor

The Rabbit Factor The Rabbit Factor by Antti Tuomainen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

If you like Finnish humor or even quirky humor, you may find a gem in this book.

I, for one, could not find a thing in this book (I'm at 33%) funny, quirky, or even giggleworthy. It must be my Hungarian lack of humor coming out in me!

Okay, an actuarial scientist inherits an adventure park... sounds like the opening line to a great joke, doesn't it? To try to recoup money that his brother seems to have gambled away, the mathematician comes up with a new scheme - loans for the tickets (don't ask me; I didn't write this stuff!) Throw in some fighting and death - well, may I remind you - I did not make this stuff up!

Perhaps someone like Carl Haaison could have pulled this off. Or perhaps I'm just having a bad day, and I'm not going to find anything funny...

View all my reviews

No comments: