Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Review: A Line in the Sand

A Line in the Sand A Line in the Sand by Teri Wilson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So, where do I start? Yes, I had high hope for this book. However, I was very disappointed with it. This didn't really seem like an adult or even a young adult novel. This book seemed to be geared more towards the pre-teen crowd.

Several things I really disliked were that there was truly nothing about the main characters that made me 'feel' anything for them. They were childish, self-absorbed, immature, and silly. Also, the overabundance of dogs was a put-off for me; although dog lovers may like this aspect, I suspect that even the most avid dog-lover will be a bit put off by this many pups.

These are some things that I did like:

Clean -no sex whatsoever, just a lot of thinking about kissing. Sometimes I just need a book with no heaving chests, passionate thoughts, or explicit descriptions of sex. No, I'm not a prude-but I have to be in the mood!!!

Some people won't like the elderly people in this story-it is the one trope that I did love. However, I like the trope of the feisty elderly person, and the twist at the end of the book made this aspect even better.

I did like the idea of the dogs being able to sniff out the turtle's nests. It would be cool if they really could do such a thing.

I loved learning more about how a rescue center like this works, and I also liked learning more about the sea horses.

All in all, this was not a horrible book; it was just a bit too fairytale-ish for my tastes.

*ARC supplied by the publisher Sourcebooks Casablanca, the author, and NetGalley.


View all my reviews

No comments: