Followers

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Review: Livid

Livid Livid by Patricia Cornwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! And again, I say WOW!

What an excellent installment on the 'relaunch' of the Kay Scarpetta books.

I haven't read any of the earlier Scarpetta novels in quite a while, but this book and the last one, Autopsy make coming back to this series worthwhile. I have even taken a couple of books from the library to get myself up to speed; there are characters I don't really remember, so I have a lot of refreshing to do.

This book starts out with a trial that Kay is an expert witness but is being treated like -well, I just don't know how to describe it, but it sure isn't with any respect! This trial has a lot to do with today's political climate in the USA.

Now add to this mess the murder of the judge's sister, add in a threat to the POTUS, another murder, and really strange clues to the murders. Ho boy, this was a fast-paced, twisty-turny read!

There was good character growth (just a little growth since the series has been around for years, so you expect the character's to have done their growing) -just enough to keep them fresh. An interesting new weapon, at least to me.

It is bloody and somewhat gory if you aren't a medical examiner!

I loved it and finished this book in one day!


*ARC supplied by the publisher Grand Central Publishing, the author, and NetGalley.
 

View all my reviews

No comments: