Followers

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Review: Dead But Not Forgotten: Stories from the World of Sookie Stackhouse

Dead But Not Forgotten: Stories from the World of Sookie Stackhouse Dead But Not Forgotten: Stories from the World of Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I've never read fan fiction, but I suppose these stories are just that. These are stories by famous and some not-so-famous authors who are writing about characters in the Sookie Stackhouse universe.
Most of the authors did a tremendous job of retaining that specific something that was needed to keep me reading.

Unfortunately, the author I most looked forward to reading wrote the one story I was most disappointed in. It may need a re-reading at some point to see if I will enjoy it more on a re-read. This would be the story Widower's Walk by MaryJanice Davidson. This story is set in the far future and features Eric. Eric does a lot of introspection in this story, and it just doesn't have the impact or adventure the other stories did. However, I can see why this story was left to the very end, and I do understand why it was written in this semi-depressing manner.

Well worth your time and money if you are a fan of the Stackhouse series.


View all my reviews

No comments: