Followers

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Review: Darius

Darius Darius by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



You would think that a book numbered  0 in a series should be read before all the others. I don't recommend you do so unless you have read, at the very least, the first few books. There is enough at the end of Darius to be considered large spoilers, and you wouldn't want to ruin your anticipation, now would you?

This is a somewhat shorter book than normal, so it is a fairly quick read.

For those of us who have read the entire series, make sure you have a full box of tissues by your side, especially for the last few chapters. And oh my goodness, what an epilogue we get. So much is wrapped up, and questions answered that I think I'm going to be re-reading this book again this weekend. Then, of course, I will have to re-read book one. (Oh, who am I kidding, I'll have to re-read the entire series!)

I highly recommend this book to all lovers of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

I understand that this book was out in the audio version for a while-well now; we can buy it for Kindle or, hopefully soon, paperback.

*ARC was supplied to me by the publisher Gallery Books, the author, and NetGalley and will be released on September 5th, 2023. My thanks.

View all my reviews



SYNOPSIS:"Darius, son of Marklon, isn’t looking for love the night destiny comes to claim him. He’s also not interested in crashing his new car. But when a human woman runs out into the road and he must swerve to avoid killing her...everything goes off course.

Disillusioned by his King’s lack of leadership and the losses in the war against the Lessening Society, Darius finds purpose in protecting a woman he cannot make his own. Love finds a way, however—until the truth of what he is comes out and she leaves him in horror.

Unbeknownst to them both, Anne is carrying his young, a female who is destined to be Queen—and after a tragic reunion, he vows to protect their daughter. Resigned to perpetual sadness, he is determined to serve the memory of his beloved no matter the cost...unless by some miracle, fate sees fit to once again bring them together."

No comments: