Followers

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Things We Cannot Say -by Kelly Rimmer

The Things We Cannot SayThe Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure just exactly how I feel about this book. I could have loved it, but I felt that there were issues with it that just didn't go over well with me.

For me, this was a depressing read that was also fascinating. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. This was a very deep book dealing with two heart-breaking issues. A modern woman faced with a deeply autistic child and a semi-dysfunctional family and a woman who lived through the worst that war could give.

Unfortunately what made this book difficult for me to LOVE was that both of these women in their own ways were spoiled, selfish and naive. The author also did a lot of inner-dialoguing and for me, that is just a turn-off. The only reason why I kept reading was to see how the mystery was going to come out and if it weren't for that I may have not finished this book.

I'm aware that most people love this book, unfortunately, I won't be putting this book on my "comfort books" shelf.

However, I will be recommending this book; most especially to book clubs.

*ARC supplied by the publisher.



View all my reviews

No comments: