Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Gimme Some Sugar by Molly Harper

Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)Gimme Some Sugar by Molly Harper
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been away from reading Molly Harper for a while now---I was offered this ARC to read and I am so happy I accepted it! It made me realize that I was missing out on some good Southern reading!
You know, the kind that has a lot of "bless her little hearts" in it while the knife is sticking out of your back. A widowed mother who is trying to do right by her young son and at the same time trying to build a new life for them...all the while falling back in love with her childhood 'best' friend, and keeping from admitting to it.

A lot of humor in this book as well as the aforementioned back-stabbing, some drama and even a little mystery.

BUT! Wait for it. What we really don't have is a set in concrete ending---you know, the HEA! I can only hope that Ms. Harper is going to set us up with another novella to let us know how Lucy and Duffy and Sam are making out. You may wonder why I didn't deduct at least a star because of this; well I didn't think I needed to since this book was as satisfying as...well, as sweet tea and deep-fried Twinkies!!! Plus I love the fact that each of these books leaves us with a good message and a lot of shocking character growth

By the way -after I finished this perfect potato chip/beach read, I went and bought all of the books in this series including the novella's (which you really don't need to buy but I suggest you do!) Also, Sweet Tea and Sympathy is a free read if you have Kindle Unlimited!

*ARC supplied by the publisher.


View all my reviews

No comments: