Followers

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Wolfhunter River (Stillhouse Lake Book 3) by Rachel Caine

Wolfhunter River (Stillhouse Lake, #3)Wolfhunter River by Rachel Caine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a truly amazing series. I have a bad heart and at times during these first three books, I was a bit worried that I might end up in the hospital due to excitement and anxiety! Granted with the first book you really need to understand that the author takes a lot of artistic licenses and makes the literally impossible into the fictionally possible. But I have no problem with using my imagination! That's what fiction is for -to make us imagine ourselves in these situations and how we would react, to get us away from our everyday lives and problems, to entertain, amuse or horrify -and this series does it in spades.


In the last book, Gwen and her family and lover have finally gotten rid of her serial killer husband Melvin and thank goodness for that! But due to something that Sam has done, in this book, Gwen and crew decide to go help someone who calls out for help and ends up in dire straights. Sam has to confess that he has done something horrible and from there we have this next installment.

This book does end up on a different note and I find it a good one as it sets up a different sort of story for the upcoming book/s. I don't believe that Gwen and her kids have gotten rid of the trolls and stalkers, but the author is giving us something fresh.

If I had one complaint about this book is that it does too much re-hashing, but that does allow for someone to start in on this series anywhere and get caught up -tho I do not recommend that you do so.

*ARC supplied by the publisher though I did pre-order my own copy!


View all my reviews

No comments: