Followers

Friday, April 5, 2019

The Secret to Southern Charm (Peachtree Bluff #2) by Kristy Woodson Harvey

The Secret to Southern Charm (Peachtree Bluff #2)The Secret to Southern Charm by Kristy Woodson Harvey
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I figured that because I received the ARC to the third book in this trilogy/series I should have read at least the first one. So because I got a discount on it, I read it. And I thought this about the book--- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because the first book ended on sort of a cliff hanger I figured I would pick up the second so my ARC review would be a good one. My mistake. I wasted 11.99 and hours of my life to re-read the same crap that was in the first book. I paid that much to dislike the character's even more than I did with the first book. I spent hours of my life wasted to be even more disgusted with the mother's spineless and whining behavior.

There was so much back story, self-flagellation, misery, death, and illness that I just wanted to grab the biggest bottle of Zinfandel, that I could find and lose myself in it. That and to take some really heavy duty anti-depressants! I read NOT to get more depressed than I already am -yet this book had nothing in it but despair. Yes, we get a semi-HE...sort of. However, the younger sisters (and the next books main character, besides the mother) problems offset the middle sisters 'happy ending'.

And let us never forget the mothers ongoing crap with the father of her first two daughters. I am sooo over her whining.

I can clearly see that I am going to hate the third book and I probably can even tell you how the story is going to play out even before I read it. Blech! I really hope that this is not the case and I sure hate going into this next book with the taste of these last two books on my tongue.

Wish me luck!


View all my reviews

No comments: