Followers

Monday, April 22, 2019

The Southern Side of Paradise (Peachtree Bluff #3) by Kristy Woodson Harvey

The Southern Side of Paradise (Peachtree Bluff #3)The Southern Side of Paradise by Kristy Woodson Harvey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

 Yes, I did receive this book as an ARC and I have to tell you I should have never read the preceding two books before I attempted this book. Since I hated book two I had gone into this one with very low expectations -I was really not disappointed. I am extremely surprised as to how many people also got an ARC of this book and adored it. I think there must be something wrong with my tastes in books!!!

This book can be read as a stand-alone since there is so much back story in it. This is a very fast read.

I do not like books that are repetitive, filled with repetitive back-story, are angsty, make grown women look like spoiled *itches, make grown women look like children with no brains.

Come summertime I want to read light, fun, nearly brainless reads...this was not so. I appreciate that these women went through a lot of anguish, but I resented the fact that these books were more about the mother than the daughters. Plus the mother's angst was so repetitive that I wanted to yell at her to stop beating a dead horse already!

If I needed to compare these women to anyone in real life it would be the Kardashians.

Yes, this book did have a HEA for almost everyone, but the trip to that point was very painful for me. It also had several small twists that most readers could see coming a mile away. NO surprises here, no mysteries, just a lot of whining.

I'm sorry but since I seem to be the only one that is unhappy with these books, you are just going to have to make up your mind on your own. The other reviewers simple see something that I do not see.


*ARC supplied by the publisher.


View all my reviews

No comments: