Followers

Monday, April 1, 2019

Trophy Life - Lea Geller

Trophy LifeTrophy Life by Lea Geller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you have Kindle Unlimited and want to read this, you are in luck! It is free on KU. This is a VERY good thing.

This was a somewhat unique read in that it starts out much like any other 'poor trophy wife gets left and is at sea'. But it doesn't quite end that way. this is really about a husband who is doing something very illegal and trying to drag his naive wife into the middle of his scheme. You will have to persevere with this book to get to the parts where you want to stop thinking of strangling or slapping Agnes, but eventually, the book gets better - somewhat.

This is a multi-layered book with several mysteries thrown in.

This is not a romance so don't expect the typical HEA, but the book does conclude as one would expect.

I liked it but I think I would have been disappointed in it if I did have to pay for it. Yes, I did get this as an ARC, but from the book's description, I would have 'borrowed' this on my KU account. If I had just borrowed it I may have stopped reading halfway through, but since I got this to review I am glad I kept on reading.



View all my reviews

No comments: