Followers

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts

Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of the One, #2)Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

If you mix Stephen King The Stand, Swan Song and The Fate of the Tearling you have read this Nora Roberts trilogy ---of course not having read the third book yet there is no way that I can tell if she actually has an original idea that will finish off this hot mess.

I liked most of this book somewhat more than the first, but not enough for me to actually buy it or to give it more stars and I still can't help but compare this book to the other books I mentioned. The magic (spelled 'magick'...ugh) is a cool touch but a little too Ilona Andrews in my book and Roberts goes and does it again with the heroine Fallon pulling magical stuff out of her...er well you know where I'm going with this, don't you?

The ending is just sad and the 'romance' between Fallon and Duncan. Hows could she say NO with his 'hot tongue' down her throat? Ick.

You can see the romance coming a mile away and it doesn't bode well.

While the main storyline is adult (the end of the world as we know it, the hate, bigotry torture, and deaths) the rest of the book is seen through Fallon's eyes and makes this a YA and I don't really like the mix.





Below is what I had to say to one of NR's extremely positive reviews that mention plagiarism:


"Funny how everyone is mentioning plagiarism about the title and cover art but nobody is mentioning the fact that the idea of the series comes from several different authors. As of this book- three separate and very well known authors. It is very sad that such a well-known author stoops this low."


View all my reviews

No comments: