Followers

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23) by Catherine Coulter

Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)Labyrinth by Catherine Coulter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't usually allow myself to take an ARC when I haven't read the rest of the series. I figure that I wouldn't know enough about the background of the characters, but I allowed myself to indulge this time because the synopsis made the book sound so exciting and so many of her other books got such kudos. Plus it is such a long-running series that I figured it must be excellent.

Yes, this was an interesting book for being half FBI thriller and half speculative fiction. I must wonder if Ms. Coulter writes all of her books with two distinct and separate stories/plot-lines and if they are always featuring the paranormal?

Unfortunately what kept this book from getting more stars is the fact that two different stories were going on at the same time and I was unable to work up enough emotion and to keep the passion I did manage to get to continue throughout the novel.

(view spoiler)

The next problem I had was parts of the ending just seemed like excessive usage of monologues on the roles of some of the characters. The speeches were more of a 'verbal vomiting' of everyone's guilt and a very cliched end to one of the main characters.

Although I wasn't thrilled with this particular book -I did like it well enough to look into the rest of the series.

*ARC supplied by the publisher.


View all my reviews

No comments: