Followers

Monday, July 29, 2019

The Third Mrs. Durst by Ann Aguirre

The Third Mrs. DurstThe Third Mrs. Durst by Ann Aguirre
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was not the type of book that I expected from this author, but it was an interesting change of pace from her. (I haven't read her in years though, so she may have ventured into this genre before and I just didn't know it)

Had I bought this book, I think I would have sent it back based on the fact that the synopsis doesn't quite do it justice. As an ARC I get the same synopsis that Amazon and Goodread publishes, and I got the impression that it was going to pretty much, be the typical southern 'damsel in distress with rotten husband' book with a bit of a twist. Little did I know that it was going to be the twisted blood fest that it was.

It took me about half of the book to finally realize what was going on (yes, I guess I'm slow!) and even though I know from the title page that "some people just need killing" the hate and violence and subterfuge just made my stomach roil. It didn't stop me from finishing the book though!!!

*ARC supplied by the publisher.


View all my reviews

No comments: