Followers

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

An Old Man's Game: An Amos Parisman Mystery by Andy Weinberger

An Old Man's Game: An Amos Parisman MysteryAn Old Man's Game: An Amos Parisman Mystery by Andy Weinberger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a very noir-ish (if there is such a word) and very fast read. Very reminiscent of something written in the '40s or '50s and updated to add cel-phones to it.
I just finished a string of Jeffery Deaver books, so it was a little difficult for me to get myself to this level, but once I did I found the book enjoyable and they mystery nice and twisty and shocking.

The only issue I had is that I wasn't sure if this was the first book in a series (it is) since the author plops you right into Amos' life, and in a way that was a bad thing for me.


*ARC supplied by the publisher


View all my reviews

No comments: