Followers

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5) by Ilona Andrews

 Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews

Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
by 
Ilona Andrews (Goodreads Author)

1401819

๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“
Aug 23, 2020  ·  


bookshelves: 2020dianne-s-2020galleys-arcs

I have always considered myself one of the Andrew's team top fans. I'm very nearly a 'squee girl'. Rarely; very rarely do I not love and adore one of their books. Unfortunately, with this and the last edition being more teenaged based, I am not a happy camper.

The dissatisfaction I had with the growth (at least at the beginning) of the character's in this book aside, the rest of this book is an exciting, action-filled, plot-driven story. There is a great mystery, and the ending is nearly mind-boggling. I'm not totally thrilled with the sort of cliff-hanger, but with this series, it has come to be expected.

I will be re-reading this book (and series), but it may not end up on my 'comfort reads' shelf like the Kate Daniel's series! We shall see with the next book. I have high hopes, and the Andrews team has never let me down yet!

*ARC supplied by the publisher and author.

 


 


 

SYNOPSIS: As Prime magic users, Catalina Baylor and her sisters have extraordinary powers—powers their ruthless grandmother would love to control. Catalina can earn her family some protection working as deputy to the Warden of Texas, overseeing breaches of magic law in the state, but that has risks as well. When House Baylor is under attack and monsters haunt her every step, Catalina is forced to rely on handsome, dangerous Alessandro Sagredo, the Prime who crushed her heart. 


The nightmare that Alessandro has fought since childhood has come roaring back to life, but now Catalina is under threat. Not even his lifelong quest for revenge will stop him from keeping her safe, even if every battle could be his last. Because Catalina won't rest until she stops the use of the illicit, power-granting serum that's tearing their world apart.


 

 


 

 


 

No comments: