Followers

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Amish Newcomer by Patrice Lewis

 The Amish Newcomer by Patrice Lewis

1401819
   

really liked it

This book was much different than the usual Amish romance that I am used to. I must admit that I did love it because of that fact. The idea of an Englisher hiding out with the Amish and falling in love with God, the culture, and a man was different for me. You see, I am not a believer, and I enjoy Amish books because of the culture, and any book that 'pushes' religion down my throat is not one I enjoy. This book had a lot to do with questioning faith and came close to pushing but never crossed that line.


The ending was a tad rushed, but you can clearly see why. I also was a little concerned that the author did not find a way to incorporate the criminals into the story, or at least let us know just what happens to them in the end.

*ARC supplied by the publisher and the author.

SYNOPSIS: Can an Englisch city girl ever become one of the Plain People?


She needed a safe place to hide.
Instead she found a place to call home…

Television journalist Leah Porte never imagined her career would end with her witnessing a murder. Now she’s temporarily living among the Amish in witness protection. Instead of feeling alone and adrift, Leah is warmly welcomed by the close-knit community—and Amish bachelor Isaac Sommer. But caught between two very different worlds, choosing love would mean leaving her Englisch life behind forever…

No comments: