Followers

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop by Fannie Flagg

 The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop by Fannie Flagg


by 
1401819
's review
 

it was amazing
bookshelves: galleys-arcs2020arc-i-puchasednetgalleyto-recommend

Oh my! I adored this book just as much as I loved the first one - "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe". For those readers who loved the first book, you definitely need to pre-order this one. It is written in the same manner as the first book with short chapters and the story going back and forth in time. I found it very easy to read.

Unfortunately, we do lose a few of our beloved characters, but that is expected when the dualogy starts at the beginning of the 19th century!

This book centralizes on Buddy, his daughter Ruthie and Evelyn and how their lives growing up has affected them. However, there is a surprise toward the end just waiting for you!

This sentence may be a tad spoilerish, but I'm going to let you know that none of our main characters die! Thank-goodness. Life is good in Whistle Stop. I hope to see you soon at the Whistle Stop Cafe, and I hope we can share a plate of fried green tomatoes!

**ARC supplied by the publisher and the author. Many thanks for that, and for trusting me to write an unbiased review!

No comments: