Followers

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Review: Heartbreak For Hire

Heartbreak For Hire Heartbreak For Hire by Sonia Hartl
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1.5 stars rounded up. I truly don't know what t say-just, because it was not to my taste doesn't make it a bad book. I must agree with some of the other reviewers that said that this book was no ordinary rom-com. On its face, this book appears to be a light, funny read, but when we actually start reading, we find that this is a book that makes annihilation as revenge, a business. It sounded good at first, but the longer I read, the more my stomach was churning. How can anyone think it is funny to ruin a person totally, financially, and at times ruin a family for some of the things they had done. Men really no longer have the upper hand and for someone to use entrapment to ruin these men is just wrong. Another thing that I couldn't get into was the sex; I thought that women had gotten over the whole- I must get into his pants now even though I've only known him for a couple of hours-thing. The rest of the sex scenes were just too descriptive for my taste. I'm finished with hearing about juices, and lapping, and fingering. I've not read erotica for years, and nothing about this book's description led me to believe that this book was going to have overly descriptive sex. *ARC supplied by the publisher, the author, and Edelweiss/ATTL.

View all my reviews

No comments: