Followers

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Review: Holdout

Holdout Holdout by Jeffrey Kluger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a fantastic and action-packed read. The author is a respected author and a writer for Time magazine. He most especially specializes in science coverage/space travel. With that said, you can be sure that this book was researched within an inch of its life...and it shows.

Unfortunately, with some of this book, I had to suspend disbelief in several parts. Some of the info dumps bogged me down a tad also. However, the rest of this novel was so fascinating that there was no way I could give this book less than the 4 stars I did give it. I powered through this book like a tornado.

We have it all, including:

Space accident
Rebellion against the US government.
Hijacking of the International Space Station
Crimes against humanity
Meningitis
Fires in Amazon Basin to get the tribes off of tribal lands
More space trouble with the Space Station...oh my!

What more could you ask for?

I'm not usually one for something so scientific, but this book had me reading and wishing I didn't have to sleep!

ARC supplied by the publisher, the author, and NetGalley -ATTL/Edelweiss.


View all my reviews

SYNOPSIS: "When evil forces are going unchecked on Earth, a principled astronaut makes a spilt-second decision to try to seek justice in the only place she knows how—the International Space Station.

Walli Beckwith is a model astronaut. She graduated at the top of her class from the Naval Academy, had a successful career flying fighter jets, and has spent more than three hundred days in space. So when she refuses to leave her post aboard the International Space Station following an accident that forces her fellow astronauts to evacuate, her American and Russian colleagues are mystified. For Walli, the matter at hand feels all too clear and terrifying for her to be worried about ruining her career. She is stuck in a race against time to save a part of the world that seems to have been forgotten, and also the life of the person she loves the most. She will go to any length necessary, using the only tool she has, to accomplish what she knows is right."

No comments: